Quick Start III: Savings Planning
When your data has been mapped, it’s time to create a plan for savings. We show you how to mark savings opportunities in each spending area, how to display and report them so others can understand them, and how to evaluate them. A quick start program won't make you an expert at sourcing, but we show you how to look for the common indicators that experts use.
Next, we help you build a Planning Dashboard so you can show anyone in the organization exactly what you’re planning to do, when you’re planning to do it, and why. As you collect feedback from stakeholders, the Dashboard can be easily modified so that the plan is always defensible and always relevant. This helps you prepare for discussions with the organization and pick targets that will provide the biggest "bang for the buck" given your priorities, budget, and schedule.
Finally, you take this information and use it to generate savings.
- Walk through all spending areas and classify them by size of opportunity
- Evaluate opportunities by degree of difficulty for your organization
- Prioritize opportunities into phases, to maximize impact
- Build Reports and Dashboards that illustrate opportunities and potential savings for discussion with stakeholders
- Balance requirements such as budget, timelines, and priorities